CME for Physicians and Physician Assistants (PAs)
This Live activity, Modern Fertility Awareness for Family Planning and Women’s Health, with a beginning date of 02/03/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 5.50 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association (AMA) as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s)™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
CE for Nurses
Nurses can obtain credit for this learning activity if it is related to their nursing role and practice scope. Attendees must to obtain a certificate of completion (provided at the event) for submission to the NM Board of Nursing for continuing education credit.
Note for Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs)
The AAFP is on the AANP’s list of various, acceptable, accredited, and independent continuing education organizations that may provide advanced CE content hours.
CEU for NMMA Members
This activity has been approved for 5.5 NMMA CEUs.
- Define natural or fertility awareness-based methods (FABMs) of family planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific basis of modern FABMs
- Describe types of FABMs and their mechanisms of action
- Discuss effectiveness of FABMs to avoid and achieve pregnancy
- Learn how to evaluate which FABMs are most appropriate for a particular patient population
- Describe important hormonal events in the women’s cycle and the resulting external observations women can learn to chart
- Review a variety of fertility charts and discuss specific observations that may indicate a potential underlying health issue
- Learn targeted, research-based self-care strategies for these underlying health issues in the form of diet, supplements, exercise, and lifestyle modifications
- Discuss the use of high tech devices such as electronic hormonal monitoring, generic ovulation sticks, and progesterone sticks for fertility monitoring
- Review strengths, weaknesses, scientific rigor, and appropriate use of fertility monitoring apps, with a focus on apps for pregnancy prevention